This all began as most things in the #PhysEd community do, with a single tweet. As you can see below Adam decided to cook a healthy meal for himself, but mistook leeks for fennel. A simple enough mistake!
The #PhysEd Cookbook: A Phase 2 Project
“Phase Two is all about tackling, as a community, the big problems that have haunted our profession for far too long. Problems like bad teaching practices, inaccessible professional development, and negative stereotypes. Problems that have people rolling their eyes when they hear you’re a “PE Teacher”.
Phase Two will be a series of projects that will produce resources/services that will serve as solutions to these problems.”
– Joey Feith, thephysicaleducator.com
We think that The #PhysEd Cookbook can serve as an amazing FREE resource to be shared with communities to encourage healthy eating and wellbeing for students, their families and their wider communities.
We know that we can’t do this alone, so that where you guys come in. We want you to help us make The #PhysEd Cookbook a reality by submitting your favourite healthy recipes and meal ideas and helping us to create a really high quality resource that will be able to be used to enhance the health and wellbeing of those around us.
How You Can Help
- Add a new slide to the The #PhysEd Cookbook (Copy one of the previous slides and change the info)
- Be sure to include your Name/Twitter handle/email on your slide.
- Add a picture of the finished product to really get the taste buds salivating!
- Be sure to indicate where the inspiration for the recipe came from. We need to be mindful of copyright – a URL or the name of the cookbook & author will suffice.
- SPREAD THE WORD (by using #PhysEdCookbook) AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO ADD TO THIS RESOURCE
Once we have enough submissions Amanda, Adam & I plan to use the recipes submitted to create a high quality E-Book which will be made available FREE to everyone in the #PhysEd community to share with their students and families in the hope that it will encourage families to make better eating choices to enhance their wellbeing.
So strap on your aprons and get into the kitchen and start sharing your healthy recipes right now!